7700 Irvine Center Dr.,
Suite 800, Irvine, CA 9618
E-mail: info@elevate-law.com



Follow us

We guarantee that you won’t have to pay any attorney fees or costs if your case is not successful.

What should I do after an accident?

First and foremost, go see a doctor because your health is priority. Do not discuss the accident or give a statement to the insurance company or attorney for the “at-fault” driver. More importantly, do not discuss your injuries or mechanics of the accident with the “at-fault” driver. Do not apologize and do not minimize the accident. Remember: “What You Say Can and Will Be Used Against You!” Instruct them to call your insurance company or Elevate Law Group, LLP.
Call an attorney at Elevate Law Group, LLP to discuss your claim. We will not charge for an initial consultation in accident cases.

What should I do if an adjuster from the ``at-fault`` driver's insurance company calls me?

Absolutely nothing. Do not pick up. Do not speak with them. If you do, they will undoubtedly ask you to make a statement and that statement is likely to be recorded. During the questioning, they will likely put words in your mouth. They will do this and you won’t even notice it. If you decide to pick up, then refer the adjuster to Elevate Law Group, LLP.  Also, do not speak with the attorney for the “at-fault” driver. If you are represented, they are required by law to speak to your attorney.

Why would the adjuster call me?

They want to get to you before you speak to an attorney so they can solicit information that could be used against you. At first, the adjuster may tell you the reason for the call is to conduct a preliminary investigation. At that time, the adjuster may sound like they are concerned about your wellbeing and they might even offer to pay your medical bills, which suggests the insurance company believes it is liable for an even larger payment to you. The real reason the adjuster may be doing this is to convince you to settle your claim. They will continue to be friendly until you sign a Release. Do not do it. Do not sign the release until you speak to an attorney at Elevate Law Group, LLP.

Do I have a case?

Call a lawyer at Elevate Law Group, LLP.  Get a professional opinion free of charge.

I'm not the lawsuit type. We all make mistakes. What are my options?

Most Personal Injury claims do not become lawsuits. After you are fully recovered from your injuries, your attorney will file a claim with the insurance company. In most cases your attorney (with your approval) and the adjuster negotiate a fair monetary settlement for your injuries.

What are damages?

Damages are any losses or expenses you incurred as a result of the accident.

Do I need a lawyer for a personal injury case?

It depends on the complexity of the case. Most often, it is best to be represented by an experienced attorney. Adjusters and/or defense attorneys love nothing more than a Pro Per plaintiff because they will overwork the plaintiff until s/he regrets filing a claim. Most often, defense will capitalize on an unrepresented plaintiff by filing different motions and finding issues on procedural grounds. In short, it is best to be represented by a firm that has the resources to defend your interest.

How do I pay for a lawyer in a personal injury case?

Paying for an attorney should be your last priority. Your priority should be your health and recovery. We will handle your case from A to Z at no charge. We will collect a small fee as a percentage of any settlement or judgment that we obtain for you. Therefore, if you get nothing from the case, neither will we. This is known as a contingency fee arrangement.

How long will it take to settle my claim?

A majority of claims settle before filing a lawsuit. However, sometimes a lawsuit is necessary to protect the statute of limitations and/or encourage the adjuster to make a meaningful offer. 

When a lawsuit is filed, a very few personal injury cases actually go to trial. The majority end in a settlement with the defendant or an insurance company. Unfortunately, the time that it takes to reach a settlement is hard to predict and can vary dramatically. 

Generally, the higher the damages, the longer it will take to settle because the insurer will fight harder over it. If liability is unclear, a settlement also may take longer to reach. Hiring an attorney will motivate an insurer to make a fair offer earlier in the process, since they know that they are less likely to take advantage of you.

How much is my personal injury case worth?

It depends. There are so many factors to consider before fully evaluating a personal injury case. It depends on the specific nature of your injuries and cannot be ascertained until your case has been thoroughly investigated. You should be aware that attorneys are prohibited from promising that they will recover a certain amount or otherwise predicting the outcome of a case.

What should I do if an insurance company approaches me to settle the claim?

It is important that you do not sign anything that you do not understand. Insurance companies will often try to settle claims as quickly as possible because they have their own interest in mind, not yours, which means you may be receiving inadequate compensation.

If you or a loved one has been the victim of an accident that led to a personal injury, our lawyers are here to help. Contact Elevate Law Group today here for a free case evaluation.

Who’s at fault for an injury due to a slip-and-fall accident?

Slip-and-fall accidents happen every day due to slippery floors, poor lighting, obstructed hallways, icy walkways and other preventable hazards. If you fall on the job or at a public place, the business or employer may be liable if they caused a dangerous situation or were negligent. The amount of compensation an injury victim receives will depend on a number of factors, including:

  • The type and severity of the injury
  • The specific medical treatment needed
  • Any wages lost due to not being able to work
  • Whether the injury affects your ability to earn an income
  • Mental anguish

Remember, the insurance company for the at-fault person/business wants to minimize or even deny your due compensation. Protect yourself by talking with one of our dedicated personal injury lawyers. Our goal is to recover the damages you need to heal from your injuries and move on with your life.

I suffered an injury as a passenger in a car accident. What should I do?

If you suffer an injury in any type of car, truck or motorcycle accident in which you are a passenger, seek medical attention right away. Then, for your protection, seek the professional opinion of an experienced personal injury lawyer. Do not discuss the situation with the at-fault party’s attorney or their insurance company before talking to an attorney yourself. The insurance company is not on your side and will do what it can to minimize or deny the compensation you receive.

I was injured in a car accident that wasn’t my fault. Will the insurance company automatically pay me what I’m owed?

No. To get the compensation you need for medical bills, lost wages and other costs, you’ll need to file a claim with the insurance company—and it’s best to do that with the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. Why? The insurance company—even your own—is not on your side. Insurance companies are in business to make money—not necessarily to pay the full and fair compensation owed to accident victims. Before you give a written or recorded statement to the insurance company, speak with a lawyer at our firm about your options. We can help you seek the maximum available compensation for your injuries.

I was injured in an accident that was partially my fault. What next steps should I take?

If you are partially at-fault for your injury, the compensation available to you may be impacted. Wisconsin follows a comparative-fault system for personal injury cases, meaning you can still recover compensation for your injuries even if you are partially to blame for the accident.


Under this rule, the amount of compensation you could receive is reduced by a percentage equal to your share of fault. This is evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so it’s important to discuss the details of your claim with an experienced injury lawyer.

The insurance company is asking me to sign medical and property damage releases. Should I do this?

No! This is how insurance companies get people to sign away their right to fair compensation. Never sign anything or give recorded statements without consulting with an attorney first.

I need Elevate Law Group’s help. What should I bring to my appointment?

There are several pieces of information you can bring to your free consultation to help us evaluate your case. These include but may not be limited to the following:

  • Names and contact information of all medical professionals who treated you, including EMTs, doctors, nurses, chiropractors, etc.
  • Names and contact information of anyone who witnessed or was involved in the accident
  • Names and contact information of any insurance adjusters you’ve spoken with
  • Medical bills
  • Police reports
  • Your insurance information
  • Dates you were unable to work due to your injuries
  • Receipts for anything you had to buy or fix because of the injury or accident

Meeting with a personal injury lawyer can demystify legal options for your specific case. The personal injury attorneys at Elevate Law Group offer free consultations and work on a contingency-fee basis, so you have nothing to lose by scheduling an appointment.

How Soon After I Am Injured Do I Have To File A Lawsuit? How Long Will I Have To File A Claim?

The State of California imposes a strict two-year limit from the date of the injury to file a claim. This applies to:

  • Car Accidents
  • Dog Bites
  • Slip and Fall Claims
  • And most other personal injury claims

Think of the statute of limitations as a “countdown” that determines the validity of your case. What confuses many of our clients is exactly when their countdown begins. That is, from when does the two-year limit actually begin?

Some important information regarding the start date of your countdown:

  • Car Accident Claims – The clock begins to countdown on the date of the accident.
  • Accidents Resulting in Death – In this unfortunate situation, the clock begins to countdown on the date of the person’s death, not the day of the injury.
  • Vehicle Damage – You have three years to sue over damages to your vehicle.
  • Claims Against a Government Entity – If you want to make a claim against a city, county, or the state, you have only six months to initiate the proceedings.
How does waiting to file a claim harm my case?

While the law may say you have a two-year limit to file your case, in reality, the deadline is much sooner. If you wait too long, you may severely decrease the size of the settlement you receive, or worse, lose the case entirely.


The complexity of personal injury cases requires a dedicated team of lawyers to construct a case, prove the fault (known legally as “negligence”) of the person who hurt you, and calculate the damages you’ve suffered (for example, missed time at work, pain and suffering, and medical bills). The longer you wait, the less time we have to do this.


More importantly, the passage of time often obscures a witness’ memory. Since witness and expert testimony form the basis of many cases, the prosecution will use this against you, weakening your case and your attorney’s leverage when negotiating your settlement.

What kinds of damages can I pursue?

In California injury cases, there are two types of damages: Economic and noneconomic. Economic damages include all expenses related to the accident or injury such as:


  • Medical bills
  • Medications
  • Therapy
  • Rehabilitation
  • Medical equipment
  • Home and vehicle modifications due to the injury
  • Lost wages
  • Car repairs
  • You can seek compensation for both past and future expenses.


Noneconomic damages cover the intangible losses that result from an accident such as pain, suffering and disfigurement. In some cases, you may also be entitled to punitive damages meant to punish the offender and set an example for potential future offenders.


Wrongful death cases involve slightly different economic and noneconomic damages. Family members can pursue compensation for expenses related to their loss as well as certain noneconomic damages such as loss of consortium/companionship.

Free Evaluation

    Skip to content